The Benefits of a Healthy Smile!
- Smiles boost your immune system.
- They relieve stress (almost equal to getting enough sleep!).
- They will help you live longer.
- They create "happiness loops" that encourage more positive thinking in the future.
- They lower your blood pressure.
- They reduce physical pain.
- They create a happy home and a good business.
- They can boost your mood.
- "Smilers" in high school yearbook photos led happier lives post-high school.
- They make others happy.
- They boost your productivity.
- They boost your creativity.
- They help you connect with others.
- They help you be a better leader.
- They make you look happier, surrounded by loved ones, and professionally successful.
- They make you seem attractive and sociable (57% more likely to get a date on their picture alone).
- They make you seem more confident and intelligent.
- They make you seem more approachable.
- They make you appear more youthful.
- 73% of people would be more likely to trust someone with a nice smile.
- Smiles are more attractive than make-up (Orbit study).
- 38% of people would not go on a second date with someone who has crooked teeth (23% of people would not go on a second date with someone who lives with his or her parents).
- They help you get promoted at work.
- Children smile 400x/day, happy adults 40-50x/day, average adults 20x/day.
- 29% of people notice a person's teeth first when looking at a face.
- 24% of people say a person's teeth is the aspect that they remember most after meeting someone.
- 39% of people would give up dessert for a year to have a nice smile for life.
- Smiles are contagious (via "mirror neurons").
- 5% of people age 20-65 have no remaining natural teeth.
- 25% of people over 60 have no remaining natural teeth.
- 42% of people over 85 have no remaining natural teeth.